Saturday, February 26, 2011

Say What?!

 "Am I really applying to CIU? I thought for sure I was going to Winthrop. God is good." Just a few thoughts that have been running through my head this week. God has continually been teaching me and guiding me so much this year.
     Last Fall I was accepted to Winthrop, and I thought for sure I was going there and majoring in Special Education. Last week at church we had Impact (like a DNOW), and on Saturday night the speaker had us get up and find a LIFEgroup leader and go pray for them. I found a leader and prayed with some other girls. After we got done, the leader hugged me and said "I'm going to miss you so much!" I told her I would miss her too. I went back to my seat and sat down, and all of a sudden I was asking myself "What if I stay in Columbia and became a LIFEgroup leader for Gateway Student Ministries?" I told myself I wouldn't be doing that because I was going to Winthrop, and could find a church up there to do that. 
     Wellll, Sunday night I went to church with some friends and the sermon was titled "All in" The speaker was talking about how we had to be all in with something God tells us to do. His last point was "The calm may not come until you commit." Right then the same thought I had on Saturday night came back. I was asking myself over and over again, asking God to give me some direction. I didn't feel peace at all. I asked a friend to pray for me after the service and then went home. Monday during school I decided I'm applying to Columbia International University.
     So that's how that all happened! God works in some awesome ways. After I decided I was applying to CIU, I felt overwhelming peace. I know this is what God wants me to do, and I'm faithful. I haven't gotten the acceptance letter yet, but again, I have faith. I'll be majoring in Youth Ministry and minoring in Teaching English as a Foreign Language. I'm more excited about this than I ever was Winthrop, which makes me feel even better about this! I believe God has big plans for my life, and I plan on giving Him the glory. I'll leave you with this... "You make the commitment, and the peace will come." Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment