Monday, February 7, 2011

The glory goes to God! (and no one else!)

Three words: God is good. I feel like I have been saying that so much over the past few weeks. God has been working so much in my life and showing Himself like crazy! It's been amazing! I've felt overwhelmed, but I guess that's a good thing with God. It shows that God can't be put in a little box or in our pocket. There's a verse in a song that I've been listening to a lot lately that says "You are bigger than we let You be.." How true is that! God is so big, He can't be contained. He holds the oceans in His hands. I don't know about you, but when I think of that I'm in awe of how big God is.

Even though God is so big, He isn't distant. He's so involved in everything that we do. When Mark and Jacky left, Dr. Olshine had told us that it usually takes a Student Ministry six months to find a new Youth Pastor. If someone would have told me that Gateway would have found someone in three months, I would have never believed them. God is so good though! I am super pumped to say that Gateway has a new Youth Pastor! Tagg and his wife Susan are two amazing people who love Jesus like crazy! I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty nervous and a little scared when Amanda told me how close they were to finding a guy, but God gave me a peace that can only come from Him. I cannot wait to see what God has in store for Gateway Student Ministries. I really hope and pray that God will use the students at Gateway in an audacious and amazing way that He's the only one who will ever be able to get glory for it. There's a verse I'm reminded of when I think about all that's happened lately: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." -Romans 8:28

I hope you have an amazing week! Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment